This delicious raw desert is extremely easy to make. The filling is made mostly from avocado, which are rich in healthy fats. Unlike when you eat a regular dessert after eating this pie you feel energised rather than sluggish.Dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free, egg free, nut free… but definitely not taste free. Whenever I make this it is a hit with my friends!
Ingredients for Key Lime Avocado Pie
- 2 handfuls of dates
- 2 handfuls of dried coconut flakes
- 1 handful of sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- 3 ripe avocado
- 3 heaped tbsp. coconut cream
- juice and rind of 3 limes
- 1 tbsp of honey (you could also use another sweetener such as xylitol or stevia if preferred).
Process dates, coconut flakes and seeds with coconut oil in a food processor. When it reaches a sticky consistency removed and pour intoa flan tin. Press down firmly to form the base and sides.
To make the filling process the other ingredients to form a creamy mouse. Pour this into the prepared base and smooth the top over. Refrigerate overnight and top with some coconut flakes. Eat with friends…!