We have a dedicated team made up of Practitioners, Nutritional Therapists, Naturopaths and Ecological Doctors who take a holistic approach to assist our patients during their visits. From time to time we expand our team. If you have any vacancies you will find them listed below.
If you would like to apply for a role please do fill out the form and send over your CV.
Clinic Medical Doctor – CMD for Taymount Clinic Ltd
Applications are invited for the post of Chief Medical Officer at Taymount Clinic.
The aim of this post is to help support and grow the Faecal Microbiota Transplant (FMT) delivery program at Taymount Clinic. The post holder will be expected to work normal clinic hours on days Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm. There are no on-calls or out of hours rotas attached to this role. The salary offered is in the range of £35,000 pa to £55,000 pa, depending on experience.
Public holidays plus 22 days per year paid leave, increasing to 24 days after 2 years continuous service.
Taymount Clinic is a CQC registered, small Private Clinic specialising in FMT, based in Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire. The clinic is an outpatient day clinic, accommodating around 16 patients per week. The Clinic is a Designated Body and has the services of a Registered Officer for Medical Doctor annual appraisal. Insurance cover (Professional Indemnity and Malpractice Cover) is also provided for the Medical Doctor under the clinic’s own policy.
Taymount Clinic is at an exciting stage of potential development to promote usage throughout the medical community and to bring functional modalities into the clinic to augment the FMT and improve outcomes for patients.
The CMD will provide medical oversight for the delivery of FMT; systems pertaining to patient data collection and will ensure that adequate follow-up and medical professional aftercare is provided as per CQC clinic and regulatory guidance. There should be a good general collation of results data and classification of data to enable future analysis and useful interpretation of results; overseeing the database use and input to ensure data integrity and usability. To advise on ethics and the need for rigorous research regularisation where appropriate.
The post-holder will supervise the maintenance/adherence of the complaints procedure available and accessible to both staff and clients and available for regulatory inspection as needed.
To provide occasional donor management and support advice across the Taymount Group: working occasionally in an advisory capacity with the TML.science laboratory staff to ensure optimum donor screening protocols, donor coaching and health maintenance, including periodic donor health clinics.
The post-holder will provide a medical oversight concerning the suitability of participants in the FMT programs and will review relevant laboratory test results and prescribe medicines, where appropriate.
It is expected that the post-holder will ensure that their own legal requirements for GMC registration and Medical Indemnity Insurance are all up to date, although the clinic insurers are currently underwriting the activities of the CMD. The post-holder will assist the Directors and Line Managers with staff appraisals, recommendations for training and any necessary disciplinary requirements.
The post-holder will oversee and support the reporting of adverse events to the regulatory authorities and where possible, will be an active member of any available steering committee, review body or regulatory activity to promote, regulate and generally make safe, the promotion and control of FMT as a treatment.
The post-holder will look to establish links and relationships with NHS/research units/Primary Care Trusts and other specialists and consultants, networking being an important part of the function of this role.
It is expected that the post-holder will seek opportunities to promote and publicise the existence of the clinic and its activities with FMT where appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities of the post:
1. In line with GMC it is the responsibility of the post-holder to ensure that all duties are carried out to the highest possible standard and that CQC standards and requirements are met and maintained.
2. Professional supervision of the therapy team
3. Facilitating educational opportunities and CPD for the team
4. Supervising treatments and consultations
5. To oversee bowel preparation methods prior to FMT treatment
6. To personally manage a minimum of two patients per month, including cases of particular note or challenge. As the program runs for two weeks consecutively, this quote would mean seeing one patient per day throughout the month.
7. To attend a two-weekly Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) meeting
8. To be actively involved in a linked MDT periodically with Taymount Clinic Partners worldwide
9. To help expand the patient numbers in order to increase the income and profitabity of the clinic; this will include networking with other clincians and encouraging referrals to the Taymount clinic and promoting the work of FMT.
10. Developing new Functional/Integrative/Holistic Medicine aspects of patient care and lifestyle management into the clinic and developing that aspect of the Taymount Clinic as part of future plans
11. Working with our partners and colleagues within the group and other associated clinicians to write, publish and share results and outcomes
12. Participating in medical audits
13. To attend/chair Clinical Governance Meetings quarterly
14. All employees have an individual responsibility to have a knowledge of and employ the basic principles of, infection control practice and to ensure adherence to the requirements in the Infection Control Manual;
15. It is the responsibility of all employees to comply with Taymount’s Health and Safety policies and maintain a safe and healthy environment for patients, visitors and staff
16. All staff who have access to or transfer data are responsible for that data and must respect confidentiality and comply with the requirement of the Data Protection Act 1998, in line with the Trust’s policies.
Download the full job description here. Please use the below form in order to make an application.